Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe

To best honest am an avid fan of the MK series, and it's also my favorite gaming series, dating to when I played the original MK. The concept of having the MK characters battling DC Universe was a great idea! The graphics look great too. Where the game loses me just a little is in the story mode. The story mode in this game is little not only fighting. If you've played the MK Deception or even Armageddon you know how fun the story mode was in those games and was much more than just fighting other MK characters. Within those story settings you also fought against other forces as well as moved a lengthy a path in order to collect items that unlocked various costumes, songs, etc. hanging around play. The tale mode in those games was even more fun than the arcade fighting.

Nevertheless, in this game, the story setting is little more than constant fights of the opposing side (if you choose the MK side, then you definitely fight the DC side). I did like that as the story progresses a person play as the majority of the MK characters. In other words you don't have to select simply one character and stick with this throughout the tale. That was something that I did not like and I figured was a little bit boring about the storyline mode in MK Armageddon was that you had been stuck playing with Taven the whole story. Here you're able to play with most of the MK characters as well as fight most from the other DC characters (or vice-versa if you choose to play story setting on the DC side). However, We still find the story mode in Armageddon much more dynamic and interactive whereas this game's story mode is little more than the arcade mode with a slightly developed story to it.

You get 10 MK characters as well as 10 DC characters. Of course everyone is going to feel this character must have been replaced with this character, so there is no way to make everyone happy unless you do something such as they did within Armageddon and have the characters open to play with. That in this online game would be bordering on impossible considering you are symbolizing both the MK characters and the DC characters. Nevertheless however, for my personal 2 cents I'd have liked in order to seen either Sektor or Smoke as one of the MK characters - I'm a big fan of those cyborgs, particularly Sektor. But I realize those are small characters for many people. However, certainly they didn't need to place Baraka in presently there! On the Electricity side, well I've never really been a fan of these comic book figures, but I suppose I would have liked to possess Aquaman in there - would have already been kind of enjoyable to have among the fighting arenas maintain the ocean! Though I'm not certain how you will make that work precisely.

The graphics are nice and the overall game is very neat and polished looking. The fight arenas are great too. This was a fun game to play, but I speculate my biggest criticism of the online game is that it only took me a few hours to play through all from the content. The story mode seemed so short - an hour or two of game play I think, and the arcade mode of course only takes around an hour. So unique gaming time was just a few hours. I'm nevertheless playing the online game and having enjoyable trying out the various characters, but because these are the main characters from the actual MK games of history, I know Sub Zero, Scorpion, Katana, etc. pretty much already. I do like the Deathstroke character about the DC side - fairly cool using that pistol shot to the face of your opponent!

In comparing this game to the newest MK game, Armageddon, though this game is much much more polished and the set designs as well as graphics look good, Armageddon offered a lot more in terms associated with gameplay and especially a much much better developed story mode. But both games are nice and I'm glad that I've them both during my gaming library for future play.

No comments:

Post a Comment